New Genie Wishes
DESCRIPTION: Adds new wishes to the FreeTime genie.
Updated with a new Business Success wish and a fix for the bug that prevented Disease wishes from showing on the menu.
The new wishes are as follows. I plan to add over a dozen total:
- Metamorphosis - Cause or cure any paranormal state (zombie, vampire, werewolf, plantsim, witch).
- Zombie will use my Zombie Personality rather than EA defaults. There was no clean way to support both short of actually killing and raising the sim, which seemed a tad extreme, and I'm not going to release two versions of this mod.
- Un-zombie will repair personality damage, but not skill damage since there is no way to know how much was done.
- Personality - Changes one personality characteristic to either the minimum or maximum. Changes both current and genetic personality.
- Disease - This package contains two wishes:
- Immunity - Cures the sim of all diseases other than morning sickness, and makes the sim immune to any future diseases.
- Cure The Plague - Cures all diseases, except for morning sickness, throughout the neighborhood. Also cleans up any contagion on the current lot, but sims on other lots may become re-infected during the first 30 game minutes of play.
- Business Success - Applies a steady positive pressure to customer satisfaction, making it easier to get to level 10. The wish must be made by the business owner while on the business property. The wish will last as long as the business has the same owner. At this point this works only on home businesses because I'm a dummy and never tested it on a commercial property, and you can't use the genie lamp on a commercial lot! I'll fix that someday.
The mod also contains these features:
- The bug fix in Genie Initialization Fix so you don't need that mod if you have this one.
- Children can wish for Wealth.
- Children can wish for the Power To Cheat Death. If the child dies, the begging animations are a bit wonky. The child will appear and disappear during the sequence, but in the end will be restored to life correctly. This is a bug with child ghosts in the game I probably won't ever fix.
INSTALLATION: In the zip file are multiple packages. "CJ-NewGenieWishes.package" is the core package and is mandatory. The other packages are the individual wishes. You can install any or all of them. In this way you don't have to have the menu cluttered with wishes you'll never use. As I add new wishes, always be sure to install the latest "CJ-NewGenieWishes.package" along with the new wishes.
If you have a saved lot with a currently summoned genie, the wishes won't show up right away. Dismiss the genie and resummon him and the menu will update. In all other cases, the genie will automatically show the new wishes.
Some of you sharp-eyed people might notice "CJ-NewGenieWishes.package" is write-protected. This is because the game tries to write to this package, something I've never seen with any other mod. I'd suggest keeping the file read-only just to be safe.
LAST UPDATE: May 18, 2012
REQUIRED EPs: FreeTime
COMPATIBLE EPs: All configurations from FreeTime through Apartment Life.